Download a year’s worth of weekly action steps to improve your leadership for FREE!
Brian Tibbs is the CEO at Ardeo Global. Ardeo Global is a Christian nonprofit whose primary goal is to make disciples who make disciples. They do this by sending missionary teams around the world to plant new churches. Since starting the organization, they’ve sent 360 longterm missionaries to more than 10 countries, planted 94 new churches, and led tens of thousands of people to become followers of Christ. Brian lives with his wife Jill and three kids in Quito, Ecuador.
- The goal of a 40/40 teammate should be to work yourself out of a job by preparing others for leadership.
- Objective, tools, training, and purpose create an effective recipe for success with young people
- Communal living leads to quickened maturity and preparation for for future relationships.
- Young people (20s30s) are much more moldable for leadership because they tend not to bring preconceived notions.
- Teams heavily weighted toward one gender tend to result in communities weighted toward that gender.
- It is easier to handle team conflict when you assume the teammate does not have bad intentions
- Three key leadership characteristics: Loyalty, quality of spirit, and capacity/ability, with a heavy preference for the first two.
- Loyalty means fighting hard internally when there are decisions to be made but standing together externally, after a decision has been made.
ABOUT ARDEO GLOBAL
- Name is Latin and means burning/passion.
- Teams are created by matching five young people from the country where the church is being planted with five young people from other countries.
- In a matter of two years, Ardeo Global is able to develop dedicated, skilled leaders for the future.
QUESTIONS TO INSPIRE US TO ACTION
- What is some lesson, saying, or experience that continues to influence your leadership to this day? Keep yourself grounded both spiritually and practically.
- Use three descriptors to finish this sentence: “A leader is…” Tough, intuitive, and visionary
- What is a question that leaders should be asking either themselves or others? Are we working in the right place?
- What book would you recommend to leaders? Good to Great (Jim Collins) and Heavenly Man (Brother Yun)
- If you could get every listener to start doing something THIS week to help them be a better leader, what would it be? Don’t conform. Just like Romans 12:12 says, “Let your mind be renewed…” Don’t accept the current reality. Push the envelope. Think bigger. Challenge yourself. Always strive for improvement… There’s always room for improvement.
- As a general life principle, is it better to ask “why?” or “why not?” Why not? We focus on our why, but as leaders we need to accept risk and reach higher.
CONNECT WITH BRIAN/ARDEO
CONNECT WITH JOSH
- DJ Quads | Cruise Around | Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/akadjquads/cruisearound
- DJ Quads | Smile | https://soundcloud.com/akadjquads/smile
- DJ Quads | It Just Makes Me Happy | Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/akadjquads/itjustmakesmehappy
Want a FREE list of weekly action steps to improve your leadership? Download the Leadership Action List TODAY!
Mentioned in this episode:
Business Bitcoinization Trailer
Subscribe to Business Bitcoinization